View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 4:21 PM

You Guys Are Going to Hate Me

I think the designs look fantastic, this project would introduce modern architecture to an area that may not be completely familiar with it.

But, why spend +$100 million to bring more apartments and a hotel to a neighborhood with no immediate retail. Sure this development could bring economic benefits. In that case why put it here, why not try to put it along North Germantown Pkwy (Wolfchase Area), to me it would really compliment that area and redefine it. Plus there is a particular lot that I see which offers way more space, though they would have to avoid touching a small cemetery.

Better yet, why not cut there funds, build more houses in the area that they want to build these apartments. Then rescale their initial apartment development (making it smaller) and then try to push for another area like The Pinch, Midtown, University District, Crosstown maybe even Medical District. If not those areas they could, completely change the design and go Downtown or East Memphis.

Idk guys but Hickory Hill, Nonconnah and Parkway Village have shown me that apartments don't have a long lasting relationships with neighborhoods for too long.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.