View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 5:51 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt View Post
I used $35B for rough estimates. Lets triple that though to $100B.

At $100B for the F35 project we have an actual cost to your pocket book roughly equal to 1 cup of cheap coffee (Tim Hortons, not Starbucks) per day.

If a daily Tim Hortons coffee is prohibitively expensive then as a country we doomed to a 100% personal bankruptcy rate by the end of the year. Can't imagine the world of hurt those Starbucks drinkers are in for.

My problem is your definition of affordable and unaffordable doesn't actually fit what we can and cannot pay.

I am against the purchase. Please use a real argument like "unacceptably high cost", or "alternatives are cheaper", or "lack of competitive tendering", or "government should be more transparent", or even "Canadians should have been consulted first".

Saying they are unaffordable hurts those who argue against the Jets because it makes us as a group look like idiots.
This is not a valid argument favor/against this (or any other) government expense.

CBC funding is what, 5 cents/day/Canadian? 32 nickels = $1.60 (medium double-double of Rim's coughee). Heck, that ain't even 12 coffees a year!

How about the equation of 4 planes = HSR from QC to Windsor?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?