View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronthecivil View Post
I suppose if you only limit yourself to the options currently on the table, then Option C only meets that goal.
Those are the only options that the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has presented, and since they're the ones that are making the decisions here, those are the options that we're limited to.

Quote:
If you want to do either of my partial or full closures to the Brunette interchange, include the new intersection of Brunette and Braid in the sketch above (except instead of a T intersection include an arm on the New West side of Brunette), close the existing rail crossing, and build the tunnel connection to New West as shown in Option C, that would be fine.
Agreed. Have you shared this with MoTI?

Quote:
You don't need to destroy Mallardville to "fix" (whatever your definition of fix is) the connection to New West.
I totally agree! This shouldn't be a Coquitlam vs New West situation (again!), this should MoTI sitting down with both Coquitlam and New West at the same time to work on something that works for everybody.

Quote:
Besides, the traffic in New West is going to right itself as soon as the Putello tolls come into place. I loved the weekend closures over the summer. It was the only time I could pick up my buddy in New West for golf without wanting to punch my steering wheel!
Amen!