View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 12:15 PM
Fizzix geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
A streetcar that did a loop - start at what is now the Cogswell interchange and run south on Hollis to South, go west to either South Park or Robie, north to SGR, north or east to Agricola, north on Agricola to Young, south on Novalea/Gottingen to Cogswell - would really be a great service.
Interesting idea... my vote would be SGR over Robie I think. Would keep it more of a "downtown" route (although Robie has its own advantages like maybe catching more Dal students), and Robie has become a pretty major traffic artery for getting to/from Quinpool etc.

The elevation change coming up South from Hollis is a bit steep on that first hill, although to be honest I am a bad judge of what the grade would be relative to what a streetcar can do.

I am trying to picture how best to get from Gottingen to Hollis without a steep climb down. Going down North onto Barrington I think might be a bit steep, but going down Cogswell street itself might work.

Overall I really like that idea though, in particular if there was a reasonable way to enact ROW for it.