View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterG View Post
That definitely true, it would be much more costly by the time this comes up. Perhaps an associated station can be built underneath Westbrook and not link tracks, just transfer passengers. it could face a similar problem with the connection to the SE lrt, depending on what technology was used. I can see something like this being increasingly necessary with the huge east-west traffic flow.

I would prefer this line to link to Chinook station, as it already serves as a bit of a hub, I can only imagine the Chinook area to busier and denser. However, the nightmare of connecting an east-west line to chinook through the mall and lake just seemed too daunting.
Good luck trying to get people living in Willow Park, Britannia Altadore, Glenmore Park and Elboya to have a CTrain run through their precious parks and backyards.
They were quite successful in killing the proposed freeways in the 60's and 70's (which is why Glenmore Tr has its current alignment crossing Glenmore reservoir, and why 14th St ends at Glenmore Tr), so they'll be in full battle-cry again if CTrain is proposed for the same 50th Ave alignment.

It may be easier just to have let the CTrain continue south of Mt. Royal skirting Lakeview on 37th St and down to Oakridge, Cedarbrae and Woodbine.

We would certainly be entertained by the spectacle of Money (ie: Lakeview) battling Old Money (ie: Britannia) over preservation of their respective neighbourhoods.