View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2005, 1:35 AM
(the rascacielo freak)

Look guys (and gals if there are any)... no offense, but these airport engineers actually do know what they're planning/designing for O'hare. And they're not just thinking about it, they've studied dozens of other airports around the world, many of them have dozens of years worth of experience in this field, and they're using very accurate forecasting software. One of my co-workers is an airport engineer, and one of my best friends works for the OMP as a software engineer. With all of the negative press and negative writings in here I think people would be shocked to find that there are actually very brilliant people working on this, and the plan to make the runways parallel WILL actually make O'hare considerably more efficient.

Midway is a keeper, it's close to downtown it's great for smaller (737, etc) jets.

Gary-Chicago will continue to grow and it's great that it has plans to integrate nicely with rail transit.

Peotone... waste, waste, waste. It's open farm land right now. Shit, this is Chicago, not Houston for God's sake, let's value our existing urban infrastructure, and let's value our rural farm land by not confusing the two. FYI.... b/c of suburban sprawl... America will be a net importer of food... um... ooops... we already became one... in 2005.