View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2010, 2:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Yablonski View Post
I've lived within a block or two of those tracks since the late 70's and have walked from Granville Island to Marpole on them, biked quite a bit too.

As to streetcars IMO that will never happen in the lifetime of anyone posting on this thread-I also know a lot of people who live in Kerrisdale and they have no interest/none in having people from other parts of the city visit (and in fact there's very little to see) nor are they so impecunious as to take transit themselves.

And believe me when you pay as much property tax as those people do City Hall listens carefully.

Then there's the pretty little award winning Community Gardens that have sprung up all along the ribbon-who's going to bulldoze those?
Wow, perhaps they should build a moat around the place and pull up the draw bridge at night to keep the rif raf out.

Sad, very sad. I don't think many people from downtown want to visit anyway. I lived there for a year and have not been back since I left.

I highly doubt that daisys and flower pots will stand in the way of development.