View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 9:13 PM

Wink

Everytime I see what the finished tower will look like in artistic renderings, I am more impressed. I think people will love it when it's done. Once the cladding is done, and the spire erected, it is really going to be awe-inspiring to people I believe, especially when they see it in the flesh. It really does remind one of the sillouhette of the twin towers, especially the north tower, with its spire. I at first wanted the Twins rebuilt, now I like 1wtc. And although I am not from New York I would definately say that it will be a visible marker for people all over the city to help them orient themselves. When it is topped out, it will even dwarf the Beekman, seen from Brooklyn. 1wtc will be one of the top tourist attractions in the city. It will begin to be put on every postcard, t-shirt, poster, etc. People are going to want to visit it, to visit the observation deck and take in those incredible views that we haven't had since we lost the twins. I'm quite optimistic about the impact 1wtc will have on the city!