View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Surrey is trying to grow up and attract commercial and office buildings. This is one of the steps toward that. Not just executives either, movie industry uses helicopters quite a bit and for larger productions will often fly stars out to the Fraser Valley via helicopter. There's a lot of filming that takes place South of Fraser.

For someone with money, $120-$150 is nothing. I've worked for people who fart $10,000.
I do agree with this a lot. It builds Surrey into a little bit of a market that isn't catered to by other cities of the Lower Mainland. Not only will it serve the executive clientele but it can also serve emergency purposes too. I mean with that "Big One" is on the tip of everyone's tongues and it surely wouldn't hurt to have preemptive helicopter assistance south of the Fraser River. Also the Abbotsford airport is just a stone's throw away so it helps them out too by creating jobs to provide more basic maintenance to these helicopters.

I think that this kind of development will help catalyze Surrey's changes a little.

Like I said before, I would like to see this more privately funded (if anyone has got a link or a quote, please post it) than publicly funded. If this is being mostly publicly funded then I'm against it as I would rather have my tax dollars serve me rather than some fat cats who wipe their asses with $100 bills.

But yeah kids, helicopters aren't the worst thing to happen to Surrey. And if you're so concerned about the noise just know that there would be regulations as to when they would fly the skies.