View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2007, 8:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
No doubt about it: Libeskind's vision is being realized to a far, far greater degree than anyone could have predicted when his plan was first adopted.

The FT at 1,776 feet with a symbolic "SoL" referencing-spire, the ascending swirl of towers... not to mention that 2 WTC looks a lot like one of his "placeholders!"
Libeskind's "vision" was for the site plan itself, and that has never really been in doubt (except for moving the Freedom Tower a bit). Everything is where it has always been planned. It was Libeskind's desire to actually design the buildings that got him shut out. The 1776 ft was Libeskind's all the way. But I didn't buy that SOL reference from either of the last versions, and I certainly don't buy it now. Also, a lot of people think Fosters Tower 2 looks a lot like Libeskinds placeholder. But I think it actually has as much or more in common with the Freedom Tower that's being built now.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.