View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2007, 2:32 PM

That is the exact design for 200 north riverside that i saw last fall!!!

I think one of the things working against the height of that building is that (if i remember correctly) hines is currently building this on spec. If they get a major anchor tenant, i wonder if they would be willing to increase the height of the building. Then again, perhaps the financial aspect of adding another 100-150 on top of it could be prohibitive. But maybe El Presidente Daley will ask for more height, he's no fool and knows how important this parcel is. Also, i don't think the nimby west loopers will have the slightest shot at blocking/modifying this project. The inclusion of this parcel in the lasalle street tif was clearly intentional, and really i think the west loopers are more concerned with ruining every proposal west of halstead.

But then again, this parcel is actually part of the LaSalle street tif. Much of the reason why hines is providing the boat house, im sure. Either way, this building's design is quite sleek. I think it also speaks well for the downtown office market. Hines would not have introduced this project if leasing levels were not good at 300 North Lasalle. They wouldn't want two of their towers competing against each other.

Two other minor things of interest:
Crains has started a real estate web site:
http://chicagorealestatedaily.com/

And (i know this is a different forum) but looptopia was awesome. I overheard a lot of tourists exclaiming how incredible the city is looking (lots of block 37 discussion) so, ROCK ON CHICAGO!

"A Chicago man knows he has a mission to accomplish in the world."- Pierre De Coubertin