View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 7:01 AM

^ thanks, brigham, for providing an answer to something I was wondering about a few months ago on the revamped macy's. at that time there were some pics of the store included in at least 1 or 2 publicity articles about the renovation. One of them showed a small portion of the store with the original cheap looking tile floors still visible. I was hoping those pics had been accidentally inserted into the PR material. Wrong! but that's a relief....assuming the ENTIRE store will be totally renovated in the next few months.

the countless thousands of visitors to dtla over the past few decades who've dropped by macys plaza, esp if they were tourists accustomed to the booming shopping experience in cities like SF or NYC, have gotten a very poor impression of LA due to that shopping ctr. Talk about the worst image possible being presented to the onlooking world by what originally was the broadway plaza.

when I see this pic of the area in front of the macys around xmas time back in 2012, I grimace....

Kelly K, yelp.com

^ that looks like a mall you'd find in paducah or boise. Actually, it may look sadder & more outdated than what you'd find in such small cities of the US.

While this vid doesn't pertain to dtla, I think it fits in here cuz it too shows how much of a turn off a place can be if it falls behind the times. Such an outcome will leave a bad impression of a city to ppl, both locals & visitors. it's about the recently remodeled terminal 2 at LAX....& captures a few before & after glimpses....which I posted a few wks ago to the thread on LAX in the transportation page of ssp.com.

Video Link

^ dtla needs all its variations of the old macys or the old LAX terminal 2, & worse, to be removed, replaced or greatly renovated ASAP.