View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los_Lobo
One thing Brandon and I received from the Open House party last week were our finalized floorplans. Apparently, the architechs were able to shrink the core of the building and increased the size of many of the units. Many units get larger as they go up in the building. They also added 2 floorplans to Tower I (a variation of #12 and #5)

Brandon's condo (#5) was increased by about 10% and has been reconfigured. His balcony is now off the livingroom and sticks out from the building. His kitchen is now more centrally located as opposed to being tucked into the wall. My condo (#13) is actually 7 sf smaller. The balcony no longer goes out to a sharp point but is wider and not as deep (I'm not sure I like it but it is still a good size and I can live with it). My kitchen has been more centrally located with a nicer (more dramatic, in my opinion) entryway. I definitely like the layout more.
Both my wife and I were out of town for the open house but I was able to go by the Towers office earlier in the week to get the new floorplans and other stuff. Our plan, #13 in Tower 2 got smaller (from 1125 sq.ft. to 1095 sq.ft.). The one big change that we don't like is that the master bedroom is now much smaller while the second bedroom has gotten a bit bigger. They eliminated the extra 1/2 bath which was a good move (never understood the need for 2-1/2 baths in a 2 bedroom unit) and also expanded the master closet. Living room/dining area seems a bit smaller but hard to tell for sure.

Since they are giving us the option to switch to another unit, we are considering checking to see what's available. If we don't find something we like at a price we like we'll pull out. We're still on the list at Aura and have an appointment for next Saturday (at which time we'll get to see the final floor plans and prices) so we might wait to see what happens with that before making a move. My guess is that we'll be in sticker shock after seeing Aura's prices and might go back to Towers to see what's available... Bottom line, we're in no big rush and if neither of these two work for us we'll just wait for the next round of downtown condos/lofts.