View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 4:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Well, lets hope that those of us who share the desire to improve the city will outnumber those NIMBYs, who have controlled city politics too long. This should be a good litmus test. If Daly's re-election has taught us anything, it is that we cannot underestimate the forces of the NIMBYs and we have to campaign against Prop M for housing as vehemently as they advocate for its passage.
Daly BARELY won the last election, which I think is a sign that more and more people are frustrated with his stall mate mode of politics. If the election were held today, I'd bet money he wouldn't be welcomed back by the voters.

The problem is that all of the residents of these new units and high rises in SOMA haven't moved in yet and thus have no voting power. Once they move in, of course they're not going to want some advocate for homeless defecation allowing their streets and neighborhood to be taken over by the militant bums.

I think a more suitable district of Daly's politics is Visitacion Valley. Small, quaint, hidden, behind the curtain, and poor. His problem is that he completely marginalizes and destroys the middle class of the city because he believes only the impoverished deserve help and shelter and social services, and that the middle class should fork out more in taxes to pay for all of this.

What we need is some REPUBLICANS (yes, I said it, republicans) in city hall to balance everything out! When one party has complete dominance in politics, they overspend without being put in check, which ruins our credit and puts us into further debt.