View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I actually don't mind it. I preferred the first design, but this design is slimmer than the second reducing how stubby it looks. That being said, I don't know if it's just the rendering or a slight redesign, but it also looks a little taller. In any case, it's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see this tower finally break ground.
Don't get me wrong, it's not bad or anything...but to me it looks like just about any other residential tower going up elsewhere. The other two designs looked way more unique and stunning, not to mention they were all glass unlike this new design. Also, the base on this looks pretty boring and bland. I'm still plenty excited that this is finally getting underway, just wasn't expecting a complete redesign of the tower. It really took me by surprise.

ariesjow, I'm not sure how you can say this looks essentially the same as the last rendering. Other then the fact that there's a curve in the building, it looks totally different. It looks like they took the last design and cut it in half, and then added some silly looking white squares that looks like two long giant ladders going up the building.