View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 11:35 PM

Like I said before, after being inspired by the blank cheque transit plan, I've been working on a skytrain map of my own. Here is what I have so far, its not complete, and there are some things that certainly need some work, but this Friday at work has been really slow so I decided to post it up

Here’s a zoomed out pic:

And here is the link to the map
http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...mid=1205525046

Any comments or criticisms are welcome. Remember this is a skytrain map, so if you feel an outlying area is not covered that’s probably because I thought it would be better served by commuter rail, BRT or just nothing.

Blue Line = Expo Line
- Self explanatory. Existing expo line with two extensions, one down the Fraser Highway, the other down King George Highway.

Yellow Line = Millennium Line
-Once again self explanatory. Existing Millennium line extended to UBC like planned.

Red Line = Canada Line
-Canada line...

Dark Green Line = Evergreen Line
-Evergreen loop line, combines the NE and NW options for the evergreen line, with future expansion capabilities across the Pitt River Bridge

Orange Line = Hastings Line
-Line running from SFU, down the Hastings corridor to downtown, terminating at the corner of Denman and Davie, providing service to the West end and financial district.

Turquoise Line = Arbutus Line
-Line running from Waterfront Station through the west end to the Kitsilano, then down the Arbutus ROW to Kerrisdale.

White Line = Marine Line
-Line running from UBC station along SW Marine to Meet the Expo Line at Edmonds station, the cut across New West providing service to the cluster of residential buildings at 10th Ave and 6th then continuing to Braid Station. I have included an extension down United Blvd to meet up with Evergreen line but I think this may be a useless extension.

Brown Line = 41st Ave/Willingdon Line
-Line running from Marine Line down 41st Ave corridor to Metrotown (envisioned as a larger employment hub than it currently is) then cutting north along Willingdon through Brentwood to the Hastings Line.

Purple Line = North Shore Line
-Line Running from SW marine up Knight St, hitting the Commercial Dr Transit hub, then crossing the Burrard inlet, where it narrows, to the North shore. Once on the North shore it will branch into 2 lines, one heading North up Lonsdale to the Upper Levels Highway, the other continuing West to Park Royal. Although sufficient densities exist along Marine Dr. to justify expansion, I did not show it on this map, because even with a burried line it would never be allowed in West Vancouver.

Light Green Line = Cross-town Line
-A line in the area of Vancouver I know least about. A cross town line in surrey, running along Scott Rd, cutting East at 104th to link up with the future downtown area of Surrey City Centre, and continuing east to Guilford Town Centre.