View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 1:48 PM
gettin' rich!

Investors are taking short positions in the big banks. TD Bank is now the most shorted stock in the TSX Exchange.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10...n_8367442.html

Quote:
TD Bank is now the most-shorted company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, meaning it has the highest proportion of investors who are betting its stock price will come down. The Bank of Montreal and CIBC are also among the companies that have seen the largest jumps in short positions, according to an analysis at the Globe and Mail.

TD Bank confirmed this week it's beginning a round of layoffs in Canada and the U.S., in an effort to cut costs amid earnings pressure.

The bank would not say how many layoffs it expects, but unidentified sources told Reuters that several hundred employees are being laid off.
Currently I'm long in the banks/insurance companies, through my mutual funds and individual stock purchases. - I'm seriously looking at ETF's as one of my colleagues is currently making a fortune using them to be against and for commodity swings. I'm gonna use my dividend payments that I get this week to take a small position in a leveraged commodity EFT, just to get my feet wet.