View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numble View Post
He is not accurate about what Valley residents want. The Robbins Bill prohibited surface rail and only allowed a subway on the Orange Line corridor. It’s the opposite of what he says. The legal block prevented surface rail and only allowed an expensive subway.

https://urbanize.la/post/city-counci...-line-possible
Interesting. Thank you for posting that. I am more open to the idea of surface light-rail along the Orange Line Corridor as a lot of ROW exists so as long as all intersections are grade separated. Even smaller roads would likely require the trains to slow down if I'm not mistaken and every minute saved helps attract more potential riders.

Elevated heavy rail over Van Nuys is something I'd be in favor for but would likely be met with much more opposition from nearby residents.

As for monorail through Sepulveda Pass as hughfb3 wants, it's all fun talking about what could be, but the second the talks reach a level where they become serious, I bet it will get shut down overnight. Hell will freeze over before elevated rail of any kind is built through the Sepulveda Pass.

I don't know too much about monorail vs. other types of rail and how they hold up. I have been researching more about rail and haven't researched monorail too much. From what I have read, monorail is significantly slower than heavy rail. It might cost more, but its important we do it right.