View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 2:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
I question the decision to play Leclerc all 3 games last road trip (3 games in 3 days) followed up by playing Lavallee last night when there's a game against SJ on sunday. They could have played Lavallee Saturday against the Armada & Leclerc last nights game.
I agree.

Cape Breton shouldn't be taken lightly. The Cats would likely have won with LeClerc in net. It would have been safer to play Lavallee against SJ instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Lavallee is going through a rough stretch right now, nothing unusual even for a talented 16 year old goalie like him.
He undoubtedly will be a fine goalie in the Q and hopefully will have a promising future in the pros. Playing as a goalie in the Q at age 16 is actually pretty heroic if you ask me.

He has skills, but will require some seasoning before he reaches his full potential. He gives up a distressing number of rebounds, and is not quick covering the puck. Puck control is definitely an issue. I've also noticed that he tends to "duck" when confronted with a hard slap shot. This (understandable) reflex needs to be suppressed.

You never know with goalies though. Who would have thought that Riopel's career would nosedive after his time with the Wildcats while other journeymen like Louis Domingue (who never impressed me) has carved out a fairly successful NHL career (currently with Tampa Bay).