View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 8:54 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ It has become a part of their fan culture, for better or for worse. Seems goofy to me, but it's pretty harmless stuff.
It sounds harmless but that type of singular mob mentality is at the root of European soccer hooliganism/misogyny and has already manifested itself into verbal attacks against women outside the BMO Field. F*ck her in the p*ssy?

They have a sense of entitlement to say what ever they want to whom ever they want. It has all the hallmarks of a mob in the making and that's dangerous. They become more brazen and threatening and get validation/support from the group who encourage it to continue/go further. It's ugly and needs to be challenged or it will escalate. What's next, beating up Argos fans? It wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Oh look, it's the culture gestapo lol...relax man, people joke around all the time.
I'm not surprised one iota that you back this sort of thing up. It's that tired old misogynistic frat boy mindset (boys will be boys) that Trump subscribes to. It has no place in society and not as harmless as you think. I'm sure you're never at the other end of it.

Last edited by isaidso; Mar 31, 2017 at 9:14 PM.