View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 7:57 PM
formerly-furry flâneur

I just had lunch at Crepes and Cravings on 17th- swiss, chicken, bacon and spinach, fantastic- and the owner, who is one of the nicest people you'd ever hope to meet, told me that at a BRZ meeting it was reported that the former Public Social Lounge space, which has been turned over repeatedly in the last few years, will come full circle and has been bought back by Athens By Night. I consider this very good news.

The empty space next to Wild Wings (the smaller one to the west of it) is going to be Soby's Eatery. I never got to try it when it was by Castle Callebaut but heard great things.

Other 17th resto stuff: Both Jameson and Cibo have had, or are soon having, hiring fairs. Jameson has a huge tarp up on it hoading announcing opening on, I think, May 11. Cibo has its sign up on the corner of the building (this is the old Rogers Video) and it is COOL.

Happy update on Clive Burger: I got to step inside today and chat with one of the owners. Lovely space, light wood and metal. They're shooting for an opening next Wednesday! And happiest (for me) of happy news: It's COUNTER SERVICE. No pulling a Wild Wings or even a Loungeburger and have a bar with table service and waitresses masquerading as a burger joint. You order at the counter and get on of those buzzer deals like you see all around Europe.

Oh- this is for me and Tall Bob and anybody else who knows how amazing this is going to be: They're going to have frozen custard. If it's like Michael's in Madison or Ted Drewe's in St Louis I will die happy.