View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 1:12 AM

Exploring the Alps - Italy, France, Austria (and more)

This thread is mainly about the Alps but I thought I might as well throw in some shots taken in other areas not too far + a couple of Frankfurt and Paris.

I hope you enjoy

The road to Bologna (from Gap, France and through the Fréjus tunnel) + the city of Bologna. Bologna is the ultimate Renaissance city and was the first city in Europe to protect the city's heritage.

Next stop is San Marino. It was very foggy the whole day I was there. I decided to go visit this small country since I was in the area, and I liked it. I expected a country heavily influenced by the mediterranean
culture a la Côte d'Azur but instead I found a northern feel, snowy hills and cold climate in the winter (there was some snow piles on the ground during my visit)

Bolzano in the Tyrol mountains, small Italian town and home of Otzi the Iceman. Since I am interested in archeology he was the main reason of my visit, but I found a very charming and laid-back place.

Austria (Innsbruck and Feldkirch) and Vaduz, Liechtenstein are next. Yes that's right, the last one was taken in Geneva. Switzerland is a nice country but this time it was not the purpose of my trip.

Luxembourg (the city) Mostly the old city.

The Vercors, France (and Grenoble)

No Alps in these last 2 cities. Frankfurt and Paris just for the sake of throwing in a few skyscrapers and big city shots.

Last edited by le calmar; Mar 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM.