View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
I really like Galchenyuk for Montreal, and I'm extremely pleased with Trouba in Winnipeg.

Yakupov is an incredible talent, and while the draft is always about the future, the number one overall is also about right now as it is someone a team will not have to wait on to develop. With that said, I'm not sure Yakupov helps the Oilers as much as a rear-guard would. If they get Matt Finn early in round two, I believe that would be nice. Unimaginable offensive talent in E-town's top 6. Wow.
Agreed on all fronts. As a former Habs junkie, and still a closet fan, I'm happy they picked him. For us on the Jets side, I'm pretty happy with our selection. Looks like Chevy is going towards a bruiser styler team with all the big bodies a la Boston. I have no problem with that Love the Bruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Wow, the Leaves have given up on yet another saviour.

The "Monster" goes to Winnipeg - good backup and potentially future goalie if they can sign him.
Certainly an interesting development. More upside than Mason, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Hmm. This week or next really looks to be the ultimate decider of the Coyotes' fate. Lots of interesting chatter.
I've been following it too. We'll see what happens. If the Nords return, they will be my #2 team as they were back in the day.