View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2009, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
I never once have said anything is fact... I've only expressed my opinion
So is posting a set of numbers like record is opinion?

Quote:
you are the one bringing the academics into it.. and that very well is the case, but bsu did not get into the MWC because of academics.. so please be careful what you're saying as well...
Conference allegiance is more than just sport's programs. Conferences like the P10 put academic profile ahead of everything else..

The fact is, the MWC has been in no mood to expand after TCU but it's been brought up many times over the years and BSU's academic profile has been questioned by MWC leadership more than once when they were a tech school.. They are doing much better these days..

Quote:
You're misunderstanding my origional post... its about getting into a schedule that's more challenging for our football team... MWC hasn't proven itself really that challenging to bsu... MWC would only benefit from having bsu.. everyone knows that...
Just like teams like USU in the WAC aren't challenging for Utah.. When the teams you've beat have a 44% winning %, there is a good chance that's not challenging to BSU(a good team). What we do know is once BSU faced off with a quality MWC team, they lost.. In fact, BSU is 1-4 in their last 5 bowl games. As far as the MWC needing BSU, we were ranked ahead of two big conferences last year without BSU in the final BCS standings as a conference... We aren't begging to get BSU in the MWC, they are begging to get in.

Quote:
As for the research levels.. East2West hit the nail on the head.. its about reputation and even more so money and funding... boise state is a relatively newer institution.... that is comparible in size to any other regional university..
I'm origionally from Washington state.. and I know that there isn't anything more ground breaking in research that's light years ahead of boise state happening at WSU ... it's all about the establishment.. nothing more...
As I've already said a few times, the P10 has outlined their research level requirements which includes funding, focus and establishment..

Quote:
What looks sloppy is you disappearing from the message boards only to return when something utah/boise/idaho related is brought up...
I'm mostly a lurker here and I tend to stick to regional topics, a few comments here and there on non region stuff but I saw a football thread and your poor work and couldn't resist..

I mostly post on sports' message boards and topics like this are child's play for me, especially against ignorant folks that try to pass their numbers or theories off as fact.

I'd be happy to take you to my playground and we could see who's information really holds water...