View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I noticed that Toronto FC's attendance has really dropped off the last couple of seasons. The Whitecaps will need to do all they can to become playoff contenders as quickly as possible if they want to avoid TFC's current situation.
Yeah. Toronto's team stinks. nobody wants to keep on coming to a team that sucks. Even the NHL in Canada is not immune to that (well, with the exception of the Leafs, they've stunk for years, and they're still there, with no threat of ever moving). But I remember a time when Vancouver almost lost their NHL team, because nobody was coming out.

Same thing with the 'Caps. Another losing season (this year, with NO progress) is going to discourage people from coming out. If you win, people will come. Lose constantly and consistently, and that fanbase will not keep coming. It's just how things are. Sadly, many people keep thinking that there's no market for the NBA here. But I truly believe that if the team had shown signs of improvement, and progress of getting better, the fans would have continued to support the team tremendously. It's unfortunate it ended the way it did.

Anyone hearing of Seattle getting an NHL AND NBA franchise again? WOW. Maybe it's not that far fetched for Vancouver to get another shot at the NBA?