View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 4:20 PM

Quote:
The blank wall facing Barrington is not actually that large. It's nothing like Scotia Square.
Sorry to get off topic but this was too good an opportunity to pass up

I have often thought it would be nice to cover up the blank wall that is the Barrington Tower. Coming in from the ferry it always looked bland/bad to me. Then I hit on the idea...why not a wall of flags, one flag per floor, painted on, and/or visually projected (they do a lot of visual projection on buildings here in Montreal) and covering the entire wall plate facing the harbour, of the nations that have contributed/are contributing to the Halifax we know today.
My suggestion would be, from the top floor down the flags of Halifax itself, Nova Scotia, Canada then add representations for the First Nations and Black communities, Acadian, Britain, France, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Netherlands, Lebanon, China, Italy, Poland and the Ukraine...all nationalities with at least 1% of the Ethnic origin population. Since the tower has 20 floors, that leaves 2 for the groups I just can't recall off the top of my head

As far as I know this would be unique in terms of national/ethnic flag displays. If you painted the flags (for daytime viewing) then projected over them at night (to eliminate the need for expensive lights) it would be quite the show