View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 5:25 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRMjoe View Post
Can the info be updated for this development. It should be 124 m 36/10/8/2
I think that the highest elevation is close to 124 meters but these elevations are based on sea-level being at 0 meters (as is the case with other planning documents that are online). You can see this in this document - http://halifax.ca/planning/documents...tAgreement.pdf. On page 36/84 of this document, it shows Fenwick level_1/Parkade level_3 at an elevation of 62 feet (parkade levels 1 & 2 are below ground). This would be the lowest point above ground, which is shown in this Bing Maps view - http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=rf5...NS&form=LMLTCC.

Page 56/84 of the planning document shows level 33 to be at 362 feet, which is the first floor of the penthouse, and the text indicates a mezzanine level (which would be level 34). Using a ruler on page 58/84 there appears to be 45 feet (a bit less than 5 normal height floors) to the top of the roof from the penthouse level. So I think a good estimate is 407 feet elevation to the top of the roof (124 meters). Since the lowest point of level 1 is 62 feet elevation (a few feet below Fenwick Street), the height above ground at the highest point of the roof is close to 407 - 62 feet = 345 feet (105 meters). Additionally, on page 58/84 I think the roof level elevation appears to be 402'-6". This would give 402.5 - 62 = 340.5 feet (104 meters).

In my opinion, it appears to be 34 livable levels above the lowest ground level and 104 meters (340.5 feet) in height above the lowest ground level. (plus there are two additional parkade levels below ground).

PS: There is also a large enclosed elevator/mechanical level above the penthouse, so I guess it could be considered to be 35 levels above ground level. As an interesting side note: a tower could have been built an additional 200 feet tall at this location and still have been within the Ramparts Maximum. So there are many areas on the peninsula where a 50 storey tower could be built (perhaps in the North-end, once Councillor Watts has an epitome and decides to accept tall, iconic skyscrapers)

Last edited by fenwick16; Oct 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM.