View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 5:23 PM
zzzzzzzz

Portland Neighborhood Tour - Goose Hollow

Goose Hollow is a neighborhood just west of downtown Portland. It is bordered by Burnside St. to the north, the 405 freeway to the east, and the west hills to the south and west. The eastern portion is relatively flat, while the west is hilly. The housing consists of old turn-of-the-century homes, as well as small apartment buildings and some high-rise towers. Businesses line Burnside St., and there are a few restaurants and shops here and there in the interior of the neighborhood. Portland’s MAX light rail system runs through Goose Hollow, with 3 stops in the neighborhood, two of which serve PGE Park, home to Portland’s minor league baseball and soccer teams and to Portland State Univ. football.

The sidewalks aren’t crowded, but there is a healthy amount of pedestrian activity here, especially along the MAX line and the blocks near Burnside. If these pictures don’t show that, it’s only because it was cold and rainy, or because I’m generally a little hesitant about taking photos of people I don’t know.

Here’s a map…

Looking down on Goose Hollow with the Pearl District in the background.

You can see the Goose Hollow/SW Jefferson MAX stop in this next pic. Downtown is in the background.

Here’s the bridge that the above photo was taken from. The MAX goes into a tunnel under the hills just west of the bridge.

Next few shots are from the PGE Park area

I took this pic from the sidewalk through the bars of the fence… pretty easy to see the field.

Firefighters Memorial

Along Burnside

I really like these apartments for some reason…

“Yes, we have apartments available… Oh, you wanted one with no one living in it?”

Back to the less hilly area closer to I-405 & the MAX

I think this is the only Starbucks in all of Goose Hollow…

MAX stop at Kings Hill/Southwest Salmon – Doors to my left – Puertas a mi izquierda

Lots of stairs

Hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited by Sekkle; Jan 8, 2008 at 5:38 PM. Reason: .