View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 8:18 PM

^I've been thinking the same thing, if Ann Arbor were to be included in a metro thread I there would be enough material to be interesting let alone if Lansing & Flint were included in a thread on S.E. MI development.

I'm not at all advocating lumping them into a single thread unless perhaps there was a strong interest developing wanting moving them all over from the Midwest section. I was thinking maybe a Mid-Michigan & Up North development thread would be interesting i.e. the Tri-Cities, Mt Pleasent, Traverse City & The U.P. but it would prolly be a better fit for the Midwest section.

There have been some interesting development articles on Saginaw & Bay City recently in Crain's. While a "really cool" series came out over the winter about the partnership between Michigan Tech and the cities of Houghton & Hancock to re-make the region as "the Innovation Shore".

I'm not sure how many people have even heard of Flint, Saginaw, Bay City & Midland referred to as the Quad-Cities but if there is an area that I'd like to see here or in the Midwest section it would be the Tri-Cities or a combined Mid-Mich Quad-Cities page.

Just some thoughts.

Anyways for maybe a last metro update for me at least the first big retail development in a decade is being planned at M-5 & Pontiac Trail while Northville Downs is going to go the way of the Hazel Park Raceway except expect residential development this time and maybe a relocation.

Quote:
-Commerce Township approves $100 million mixed-use retail project
-Would be first major retail development in Southeast Michigan in more than a decade
-More than half of retail space would be taken by food and entertainment, developed with service and destination retail, residential and nature trails to create downtown feel
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...decade-planned

Quote:
-Homebuilder Hunter Pasteur Homes is under contract to buy site
-Race track to remain open until development begins
-Owners are looking to relocate to site "in close proximity to its current location"
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...nts-townhouses

Says the pot to the kettle in a moment of self projection