View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2007, 7:23 PM
BANNED

You guys wouldn't consider BayView Hunter's Point, parts of Western Addition, Outer Mission, Ingleside low income areas? Wow, you guys really need to get out more :-)

It seems that whenver I read about these new great properties going up, , the developers are talking about building the required portion of affordable units in projects in Hunter's Point etc. where there is still land available cheaply (cheaper, that is) than having it incorporated into their own buildings. It's sheer snobbery , and I think that the laws should be changed to force the affordable units inside the properties they are building, after all, most of SF citizens make the "average" amount of income and make this city the great city that it is by actually giving it life (as opposed to sitting our fat asses on large amounts of unused money), so why should we have to be pushed aside into the crime ridden or otherwise residential and boring areas of the city just because we don't make a bijillion dollars.

Granted I can't list a specific example, but I know that it has happened in the past

Trinity looks amazing and I can't wait until it is built, it's going to be such a great addition for people who can't pay $3,000/ mo. for a one bedroom. I think more of this should be going up in SOMA, Rincon Hill, and other places so that those of us with soul and vitality (the non- billionaires) can actually give life to these upcoming areas.

Last edited by tyler82; Apr 18, 2007 at 7:43 PM.