View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
Awesome! Its exciting to see the Ike getting framed in like the Kennedy, albeit to a lesser degree.

Both the proposed sites are currently occupied by less than desirable existing buildings (An auto body shop with a parking lot, and a single story auto body/car wash).

Hopefully these two get off the ground, as well as the "Harry Potter" tower to the west of Landmark West Loop. Seems like rental companies are just getting battered with all the new apartments hitting the market. I see lots of offers and deals like month and a half free, etc in order to entice renters. Hopefully there's enough demand to soak up all the supply...
I may be mistaken, but I believe the W. Loop was growing by something like 6% per year. I think concessions are mostly a symptom of the time of year. Not many people plan to move in Chicago between November and March. Leasing season really takes a dive after August/September. The number of units delivered is quite high for a part of the city that has really never had many residential buildings though.