View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2011, 3:10 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

I haven't even started with my 2011 photos yet, just what I've pulled out as I go. I can't pick one... sorry, just no way. Not until I've gone through them. So here's a bunch instead.

I've just started looking at photos from my recent foray into the Peruvian Amazon, and I like these two (the second because I'm a bit of an insect nerd and I love his shadow).

Have to add these also. The first, because I love any photo I take underwater, and there's nothing quite like dancing with a manatee. And the second because, well, I feel lucky to have seen the last shuttle launch ever. Call it a sentimental pick.

A few more sentimental picks. After three failed attempts, and two years in the middle east, I finally got up Mount Massive this year (in easy summertime fashion). Not a particularly great view up there, but damnit, I was up there, and that mountain hates me.

The second, another mountain I was getting back to after a failed attempt, and in my opinion, one of Colorado's most photogenic (and unknown) peaks.

The reflections there are just so good...

Third (already posted here before, I think), a drive I've been meaning to take for years and finally did, over Kebler Pass near Crested Butte, Colorado (scouting next year's wedding location).

A few things for the life list in an otherwise crappy year.

A new personal highest elevation (in the Andes).

A new favorite climb (the Crestone group in the Sangre de Cristo mountains).

A new favorite fungus.

A new apartment neighbor.

With all the new development going on in Denver, and especially all of the good photos I've taken behind Union Station this year, this is still my favorite iPhone photo of the year. Inside a train with "passengers" (the new window livery).

Snowshoe from hell. One misread of the map/GPS, and we got caught out overnight, camped in the snow (10-feet deep, we went back in the summer to measure). Followed the creek to get out in the morning and took this photo.

Most of my life in Colorado, and I'd never visited Buffalo Bill's grave. So I did.

And a classic, worth getting up before sunrise for.

I feel obligated to include a crane (new Colorado Judicial Complex). So much civic architecture these days is just bad. This isn't. Who knows, maybe I'll wind up in that courtroom some day.

I mentioned I like bug photos. How about a bug orgy?

To a better 2012 - cheers!

Last edited by bunt_q; Dec 30, 2011 at 3:40 AM.