View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 12:10 AM
Forever forward.

As someone who relies on public transit for all my transportation needs, and someone who relies on the use of Mobility Scooter, I'll give my two cents on this issue.

Hamilton's transit excels in size and variability of routes. There is no doubt, if I need to get to most places in Hamilton, I can do so.

Hamilton's transit needs to get it's act together on bus frequency. Recently, needing to head out to Lawrence road, I waited over 45 minutes for a #5 Delaware. Four #1 Kings, and 2 #10 B-Lines passed me. This was at the Main and MacNab stop.

And that was waiting for any eastbound #5, Since I get off at Maplewood and Gage, and then scoot to my destination.

This was a cold night. By the time my bus came, there were at least 30 people waiting for the #5. This meant that on the bus, it was so overcrowded that there was simply not enough room for everyone, and had multiple people bump into my mobility scooter. I don't mind that, I realize its overcrowded, but it shows just how overcrowded it really is.