View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2010, 7:18 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLuver View Post
Then again look at its neighbor next door, the Conde Nast Tower... its huge antenna isn't lit either, yes it wasn't designed originally on the tower but its there and they haven't lit it.

Also like the New York Times Tower, which crown and spire should be lit and is not! That is crazy, it has a prominent crown and its not lit.
The Conde Nast Tower, NYTT and I'll even be daring to say Chysler have toothpicks for antennas/spires. Sure they are spires, but they don't have the bulk, mass and importance that the BOA's and the Empire State Building's mast/spire do, if that makes sense.

I would place BOA's spire well above Chrysler’s, the NYTT's and the Conde Nast Tower's antenna in terms of intended importance and impact on the skyline, but not quite what the Empire State Building's spire possesses. At minimum, I'd say that the BOA's spire deserves a lighting scheme for sure, IMHO.

Also, regarding the Conde Nast Tower, I really like the lighting scheme that is currently set in place with the roof and base of the antenna (the square) being lit up!