View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2010, 9:15 AM

I've plotted a map showing the minimum frequency of bus at each stop between 7am and 7pm:

Here's the legend:

Despite what the legend says, the algorithm actually calculates the number of bus at the stop per hour, which are 30, 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and <=1 respectively.

The current algorithm does not distinguish the different routes that shares a stop, so a route running every 5 minutes has the same color as 12 different hourly route sharing a stop. Sorry, I only spent 45-minutes of work to plot it

The last category actually should say "Less than 30 minutes" rather than hourly.

It only record the minimum number of bus shown up in each hour. For example, if a route comes every 15-30 minutes throughout the day, but if some part of the schedule is 12:59pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm.. then the stop will be put in the last category as it does not meet the criteria for every 30 minutes for the sole 31 minutes gap (yes.. it is really really strict...).

The terminus station always get overcounted as there is a bus that terminate there, and a bus that orginate there... Maybe I should add a filter to remove the "unload only" stops...

Last edited by nname; Sep 3, 2010 at 1:13 AM.