View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2015, 8:03 PM

Some things:

US 82 bypass has been completed and can now be used.

Deconstruction of the buildings on the corner of Greensboro and University Blvd has begun. Once complete, the construction of the two-story building with retail, apartments, and restaurants will begin. Here's a drawn out proposal

The new Cadence bank on University Blvd is almost complete.

New bank on Greensboro is looking good and almost complete

The new Baumhowers on Skyland looks nice is will open soon this month. Once opened, the original next tp the Hampton will be closed and demolished to build a brand new one. Baumhower is also looking to open a 3rd one. I talked to I e of the guys who runs the one near the Hampton and says he's looking at McFarland Blvd.

Texas Roadhouse on McFarland is near completion and construction for the ALDI next to it will begin soon.

Shops at Legacy Park looks nice. Fresh market will be the first to open the 12ty I believe. New roads going to the new shopping center have been opened.

Some other news outside of development, Tuscaloosa is having a beer and bacon fest on August 29th. Tickets are $45 for VIP, $35 for regular tickets, and $10 for designated drivers. Then there is some giant water slide thing coming. Already has over 1000 people that have bought the tickets. Not sure what the date is.