View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadinhsv View Post
It's a shame Tuscaloosa doesn't get the recognition that Auburn is getting. I don't understand it, I feel like there is much more to do in Ttown and it doesn't even compare culturally. A vibrant downtown is essential for any city to thrive and I'm happy that Tuscaloosa has brought in so much business down there. I'm amazed at the growth and changes of the town everytime I visit, unfortunately I usually only make it about once per year. I wish we had an amphitheater when I was in school. We had to rely on Sister Hazel and Kenny Chesney to keep us entertained musically a few times per year.
I've felt that way too, but don't get me wrong, Auburn has made a tremendous amount of progress the past few years and has a beautiful scenic downtown. Tuscaloosa has done a great job at revitalizing the downtown, boosting the music scene, and recovering from the tornado. What makes Auburn unique is that their downtown and university are connected, making downtown vibrant. Also what Auburn has going for them is golf. Their course is literally one of the best in the nation. Both cities have done a great job of over the years. Tuscaloosa is still booming too though, so I wish it would get more recognition.