View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
this is going to become embarrassing for midwestern cities.hard to say, st. louis style ribs are popular everywhere (theres a weird rib chain in canada/toronto called st. louis bar and grill i follow on social media just because the branding is so weird to me), and i see toasted ravioli and gooey butter cake on menus in other cities now, but hard to top st. louis style pizza locally.
There's a couple of locations here as well..I have yet to try, but they seem to do well..One has a nice patio set up. I never knew that St. Louis style bbq was a thing before I seen these restaurants pop up.

re: NYC - I've always equated NYC with delis and bagels. interesting to learn about the cheese, and chicken and rice.

Montreal steak spice is a staple .At least in our household..I just don't know how international it is.Montreal also has Montreal style bagels, which vary from NYC in that they wood burn them or something similar. Montreal style bagels is a signature thing though..At least in these parts. Both cities had a large influx of Jewish immigrants which brought us the bagels and the deli meats.