View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaR View Post
Greetings,

I currently oversee the LAPL Photo Collection, and now that my colleague Cleats is here, I figured I should come on board too.

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am with level of L.A. history knowledge floating around here, and Cleats and I are no slouches! It's great to see the Library's photos showcased and I am amazed by how quick some of you catch the new additions to the online database.

We had all been puzzled by the location of the Lindberg billboard, so I am thrilled we were able to finally correct the record. From now on, if we have any unidentified photos, I know where to come! Gaylord, please send us corrections when you find them. A lot of the photos that were digitized early on have crummy records which we are now correcting when our attention is brought to them.

Just to tease you all a bit, in the very near future we will be posting a bunch of 1950s photos of structures on the north end of Bunker Hill. These came out of assessor logs, so there are quite a few buildings we don't have any other documentation on.

Thanks again, and keep on posting!
and?............

anxiously waiting....................