View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 11:30 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

I drive to work every morning by taking that bridge, and I can tell you, it's busy, but mainly because it's single lane each way on that bridge. Funny enough, I feel safe crossing that bridge every morning, but I know it definitely needs to be replaced or demolished at this point.

And to be honest, I don't know what to think. There are so many proposals about this bridge, whether it will be replaced, or if a brand new bridge from McGregor to Sherbrook will replace Arlington, or more intriguingly, a tunnel that goes underneath the yards.

Widening the McPhillips underpass alone, to me anyway, won't change the existing traffic conditions. Even if they did, the curb lane will basically be an expanded diamond lane during rush hour, so it makes everything moot. If anything, they need to increase the time that needs to be green on the traffic lights along Logan on the intersections of McPhillips, Keewatin, and Route 90. Traffic is backed up on McPhillips, Keewatin, and Route 90, because of those lights along Logan and the respective intersections mentioned above.

Now, I'm not so sure.