View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 2:27 PM

I won't hold my breath on this one. They've sat on this valuable waterfront acreage for 20 years and done nothing with it. They announced this particular plan 5 years ago.

Not until I see structural steel of at least 5 floors will I be confident that this development is a go. They've tried to get every last penny from the state, county, and city to do this. Scott Enterprises is a chain motel and chain restaurant franchise company, much better suited to building a Econolodge and Applebee's off of a highway exit ramp, than they are to developing an urban, waterfront location.

Hopefully, their planned "Hampton Inn & Suites" turns out better than the renderings... if it ever actually gets built.

May groundbreaking planned for Erie Harbor Place project

http://www.goerie.com/news/20180327/...-place-project

Quote:
After years of delays, construction is scheduled to start in May on Scott Enterprises’ $150 million Harbor Place development on Erie’s bayfront.

First to be built will be the eight-story Hampton Inn & Suites, with 95 to 100 rooms and a rooftop bar, said Nick Scott Sr., president of the family-owned lodging and recreation business.

He said construction of the hotel, which represents Harbor Place’s first phase, will start in May, take 14 to 16 months to complete and will be followed by the project’s second phase — construction of a 90,000-square-foot, eight-story mixed-use office building, with retail space on the first floor. The 12-acre Harbor Place site is northeast of the intersection of State Street and the Bayfront Parkway.

Construction of the project had been stalled for years as Scott waited for the state to award a $5 million grant from the Pennsylvania Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program, known as RACP.

The state released the money in October 2016, and Scott said construction would start on the hotel phase in 2017, but Scott later said the need to meet state requirements pushed back construction to 2018.

The new timeline, for May construction, is the most solid timeline yet.

The first phase of the Harbor Place project is also to include a five-story office and retail structure. The second phase of the project — construction of the mixed-use office building — is as ambitious as the first, and Scott said he hopes to get state funding for it as well.

The entire Harbor Place project is to include 43 townhomes, another hotel, a waterfront restaurant, a family recreation center, 30,000 square feet of retail space and a parking garage, according to plans announced previously. Scott on Monday said an expansion of the LERTA tax-abatement program in the city of Erie would help spur the sale of the townhomes.
This was the original rendering...

Last edited by pj3000; May 23, 2018 at 4:03 PM.