View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2011, 4:33 PM

That is a really nice hsitoric summary. I myself have to admit that I have never really viewed Sacramento through that particular lens. It also begs the question of, what now?

What I find most revealing in that summary is the comparison with SF. It is no surprise our history is tied to SF and so we are automatically brought down to the status of "Little Sister" which many interpret as being secondary, or perhaps even inferior. I don't believe that is true but I am not sure why--I think that is why I have started this blog.

Do we still rely on that relationship with SF? It appears to some extent yes. I have noticed people in the area are often dreaming of moving to SF or SD. However, I have also noticed post grads returning to the area hoping to make a change. Has this always been the case or have individuals begun to view this region differently over the last decade? I would be curious to track where graduates from UC Davis land themselves. . . I would not be surprised if more end up in SF or LA than in Sac.