View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2012, 8:49 AM
BANNED

^well, angelenos as a whole aren't very sophisticated people, especially where it concerns architecture.

as far as transit usage goes, i wonder what the demographic breakdown of football patrons will be as far as income goes.

i tend to believe they will be overwhelmingly auto-dependent suburbanites from the valleys, south bay, and orange county, and not the people who live anywhere near transit (poor latinos and blacks), and i forsee nightmarish traffic getting to and from the stadium on game days, with transit making barely a dent.

even if we had built out our 30 year plan tommorow, you'll see overwhelmingly car-dependent patronage to farmers field from the above mentioned suburbs, because the fact remains there's no convenient way for those tens of thousands of people to ride transit from suburban LA, even with metro's plan in place.

in the end, it remains true that the types of people politicians and ssper's want to see gentrify, populate, and transform los angeles are the yuppies who don't care to live here.