View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2015, 10:38 PM
aka Studdedleather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fardeb View Post
^ Very exciting times for Brooklyn between this and City Point Phase 3.

If this thing actually turns out to be in the range they are talking about, Brooklyn is gonna need some stuff in the 700-900ft range to help bridge the gap between it and the current crop of 500-600ft towers currently popping up all over down there.
Remember for some time, a lot of people were against anything being taller than One Hanson (Williamsburgh Savings Bank tower). That was until the Brooklyner came and was the first. Since then I believe every 'tower' has been taller than both One Hanson and the Brooklyner at 512' and 531' respectively. Only up from here! Literally. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
This would really be incredible. A tower with such a height would really expand NYC skyline and compliment Manhattan's perfectly.
Not only compliment the Manhattan skyline but set itself up as a great standalone skyline as well. I truly feel after this project along with City Point 3, Pacific Yards, Domino Sugar Factory, (etc I'm sure I'm missing developments) Brooklyn will be among one of the best in America for skylines.

Not to mention our sister borough across the river! New York City having 3 distinct (4 once L.I.C build more) skylines will indeed place the "skyline battle" among America cities to sleep. Imagine the views from the harbor and from the Empire State Building! No other city in America will be able to compete with the new New York City skyline.

I just hope both Stern and Extell bring GREAT architecture. We don't need anything mediocre because these 2 towers will be historic and pivotal for Brooklyn's future, architecturally speaking. . .