View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
Finally I don't believe that Philadelphia is as innovative as it was in the last century. For most of last century, Philadelphia was the "Workshop of the World". National Geographic called this city the "Next Great City", but despite that announcement, if you can't stabilize not just Center City, but North, West, Northwest, Northeast, South, and Southwest Phila with affordable housing, more supply of housing other than the common row home,strong business corridors, a transportation system that's affordable, and a constant stream of immigration, Philadelphia is going to be lumped with the Baltimores, the Clevelands, the St Louis, and the Detroits rather than the Bostons, the San Franciscos, the Atlantas, and the Miamis. And that's the truth!!!
There is literally so much contradictory babble in here it's not worth addressing.

But noted. Philadelphia was more innovative when it made Stetson Hats than today, in spite of all of the emerging science coming out of Philadelphia that will literally transform medical science.

Also, great cities have affordable housing? Good to know. Let me go scoop that place I've been waiting to buy in SF and NYC.