View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2013, 3:12 AM

I think that there might be more informed criticism if only we really knew what it is supposed to look like. We seem to be relying on the one rendering. It looks interesting. It is head and shoulders better than the tacky buildings that draw so much criticism from me and others on this site. The materials are probably going to be first rate and the finishes are likely to be very good. I see things about this building in the glass curtain that remind me of the W project, a building that I have come to like very much. I think we are all just kind of guessing right now about how we feel regarding this building. In defense of the setbacks, it is worth noting that setback buildings look very impressive when viewed from afar. This building will really pop when viewed from certain angles and at a certain distance. That is part of what makes a skyline interesting. Hopefully there will be more complete renderings made public before too long. I am curious as to whether anybody knows when this building is slated to begin construction. Have plans been filed and permits started? What is the actual status of this project.