View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 7:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
^A bit off topic, but that list, other than getting the big ones (Penn Station, Chicago Federal Bldg), is terrible.

No Richfield tower? San Francisco's original City Hall? The Ambassador Hotel? So many better examples.

Speaking of The Richfield Tower, could you imagine if it were still here, currently being renovated in the midst of this boom (since it more than likely would've followed suit with the rest of downtown over the years), to its original black and gold majesty. It would be amazing to see it in real life. In color.
RIGHT ! I agree. I thought the list was amazing for the simple fact that it showed a lot of the major stuff we've torn down and unfortunately have lost over the years, But I felt it missed some big ones. I would have replaced the LA slide with the Richfield Tower in a heart beat. I think that's one of LAs biggest lost gems. The interesting theme for the slides was the fact that most of them were torn down for parking lot and garages ! what were we thinking back then ????

Last edited by caligrad; Jul 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM.