View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2007, 5:08 PM

I was pretty disappointed when I first saw the plans for this project. But after reviewing them in greater detail, I'm starting to get pretty excited for this project. (making a HUGE assumption that it would actually get built) One of the main things that I like about this project are the proposed heights of the towers. (30, 37, 37, & 44 stories) If the rumored 425' height for the 37 story towers are true, that means we could possibly be looking at a 505' height for the 44 story tower. (using the same # of feet/floor) That means CityScape could be home to 3 of the 4 tallest buildings in Phx!

Also, I do like the common areas in between the buildings. There appears to be lots of "shade" trees along the walkways, lots of seating, multiple water features, and a bridge going over Central Ave. The retail possibilities could be great as well. AJ's, PF Chang's, & a possible Barnes & Noble would all be welcome additions to DT Phx. Plus, the retail component on the SW corner of the project is apparently going to be 5-6 stories in height and there would also be a good amount of street-level retail on the SE corner.

Overall, I think this project could still have a HUGE impact on DT Phx, and I sincerely hope this project gets built as is, if not with a few improvements. I've noticed that most replies on this forum have had a relatively negative tone. But lets all keep in mind that as of now, the only things that currently exist on these three blocks are a couple of suface parking lots & baren wasteland of a "park".

Last edited by PHXRising; Feb 10, 2007 at 9:14 PM.