Thread: London Roads
View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 9:22 PM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
Maybe the province is re-uploading all the provincial highways from the 1990s?

Would love to see that happen to be honest
I'd like to see the return of a coherent, province-wide numbering scheme with local maintenance. For example, Highway 7 would once again be contiguous across Ontario, but all the currently downloaded parts would continue to be maintained by the municipalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
I would really like to know where they get their information. Not one published map I've seen in the past 20 years has mentioned Highway 126, anywhere.

I've stepped away once again, after I reported Nancy's changes for abuse with some harsh words for Google. Google Maps is an absolute disaster in Mexico right now, and I basically told them that if they even want to compete with Bing Maps (which has a far more accurate map), they need to let people who know the area make changes without interference from people in California who have never been to the area.

If such a major highway is a combination of a Local Road and a Major Artery, I don't know how in hell London's Florence Street can be a National Highway.

I'm honestly starting to think that Google doesn't even care about its mapping product.
Bing Maps isn't perfect either (Highway 2 still exists along Dundas, Florence and York Streets, and Wharncliffe is still Highway 4) but for Christ's sake, at least they got the Highbury N./S. separation right, and at least they classify the appropriate parts as an expressway!

Google really needs to shut down this Nancy person. She's not just screwing up London maps, she's screwing up maps all over the world. To be honest, she sounds like one of those pseudo-intellectual soccer moms who's convinced that Babby's First Atlas is correct beyond any doubt.