View Single Post
Old Posted May 25, 2006, 11:12 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

WOW! All this huge construction is super duper for a great city, one of the best and most beautiful in the world....

What is the reason or reasons for such a construction boom which seems to be more projects than even new york city or london or just about every other city in the world? Is there a sudden increase in population; Lots of migration? Or a very high natural Argentine birthrate? I don't understand why sooo much all at once here? I mean, it's wonderful but I'm a little perplexed as to why the city is undergoing what seems to be the biggest construction and skyscraper boom in Beunos Aires history? I'm sorry if that is a dumb and/or stupid and uninformed question but I don't really know what is the current economic trends in Argentina because I am just a poor American, thus meaning I certainly can't afford to travel and see things for myself and I am too busy just trying to work and survive in my own little town and I don't have much time to study the current trends in other cities and countries let alone my own huge country....

I see a ton of construction activity in Santiago and several other large South American cities right now too.... Is this all the same reason? Is the south american boom just part of a worldwide city boom or is this something special? Thanks for any help with my questions.... And thank you soo much for posting such an imforming and exciting thread with a lot of great scraper designs! Go B.A.!!!!!!!!!!